Final Fantasy XIV is a role-playing game available on various platforms. When it comes to online gaming , Final Fantasy XIV enjoys massive popularity among gamers. Being a massively multiplayer online role playing game(MMORPG) , it has a huge user base .This game has its developer as Square Enix. It is available on various platforms like Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 3 , 4 and so on. But nowadays , users have been complaining about an error i.e. FFXIV error 90002. Thus, to know how to perform the FFXIV 90002 fix, we must know a little about the error itself.
What is FF14 Error 90002?
Error 90002 that commonly read as ‘Connection was lost with the server’ is an error that the users have been facing as they play the game. It is also known as ffxiv connection with server lost. The error interrupts the interface as the users are playing this game.
It is commonly reported that this error did not appear initially. The game saw its release to a real wide audience with a massively positive response. However, this recent error has been a nuisance to die-hard gamers. The causes of this error vary, and respectively one finds the solution.
What Causes Error 90002?
- Active Firewall – If there is an active firewall on your platform, there may be a conflict between the security wall and the Square Enix mega-server.
- Common IP/ TP Inconsistency – There might be an issue with the assigned IP Address of the platform or there may be an inconsistency in the Transmission Control Protocol.
- Level 3 ISP Note – If the user is not facing similar error in any other games or applications then the reason maybe the ISP. This may happen due to a significant lag or pocket loss between the user and the server.
- Corrupted Game Files – This error ay also occur due to a mal packet or a corrupt packet. This may break the connection with the game server.
- Inconsistent DNS – If your computer is currently using an automatically assigned DNS, it may lead to some incompatibilities with the FFXIV mega server.
Ways to Fix FFXIV 90002 Error
No matter how smooth the gaming experience is , errors do frustrate anyone. This 90002 error also disconnects the user from the server. Most commonly users playing FFXIV on Windows PC are facing this issue. Nevertheless , if problems exist , then their solutions are there too. Let’s begin by throwing light on some ways for ffxiv error 90002 fix:
Solution 1: Get A VPN
VPN as we know stands for Virtual Private Network. Sometimes , the user may be experiencing errors like 90002 and losing the connection to server because of some issues with the internet service provider. Switching to VPN may help in running the game more smoothly, safely and in a fast paced manner. It may also help in hiding private information thus preventing issues like bandwidth throttling etc. This method out to act as a quick FFXIV 90002 fix.
Head into Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > VPN (look for a little key icon). If you don’t see Network & Internet in the Settings menu (which may happen sometimes), then do a search within Settings for VPN. Press the Add button. Now, setup a secure VPN. Among the noted ones, Express VPN is safe, secure and efficient.
Solution 2: Switching To Google DNS
This error can occur due to a Domain Name System inconsistency that inhibits your platform’s ability to connect to the FFXIV mega server. This can be fixed by making a switch from the default DNS to the DNS by Google.
- Search ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the Run dialog box.
- Inside the Network Connections Menu, right click on the Wifi- Connection. Then click on Properties from the context menu.
- Inside the Properties menu, click on the Networking tab then go to the module under This connection uses the following items then select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and click on the Properties button.
- Click on the General tab, select the toggle associated with Use the following DNS server address and replace Preference DNS Server and Alternate DNS server with the following values:188.8.131.52.8.4.4
- Once done, repeat step 4 with the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6) to make the switch to Google DNS with the newer protocol:2000:4860:4860:88882000:4860:4860:8844
- Save the changes and restart the PC.
Solution 3: Disabling The Antivirus And Firewall
Some of the antivirus software like Avast, ESET Security and others create a problem in the smooth functioning of FFXIV. This may lead to this 90002 error by causing the server connection loss issues. One way of fixing this error can be to disable the third party applications like antivirus software or any other installed firewalls.
Error being persistent , you can try and remove the software by uninstalling them from your computer. If the problem goes away you may look for some other compatible antivirus program. Else, check enabling the same older software.
Solution 4: Reset Router
Some users also gave conclusions that the FFXIV 90002 error in their case occurred due to one or the other forms of TCP / IP conflicts with the router. Trying and restarting your router may solve this issue and help in running the game on your system. If the problem still persists , follow the given steps to ensure your router is reset so that the error is fixed.
For resetting the router begin with pressing the power button present on the network device’s back or you can perform the unplugging of the power cable from the router.
Then wait for at least 30 seconds and after that turn on your router again. Let the internet connectivity re-establish once and try running the game again and see if the issue is gone.
These all solutions are meant for FFXIV 90002 fix occurring at the machines of all our gamers. The gaming experience indeed needs to be smooth and error free. This article has been written to contribute for the same purpose as well. Ensure that you go through the steps accurately and implement the above solutions correctly one at a time. In case one solution fails , one may opt and move to another solution. In case nothing works, try reinstalling FFXIV in your system.
The potential solutions will hopefully work as an FFXIV 90002 fix and if still not, there is no need to worry. They can still be rectified. The user just needs to identify the cause of such a disruption and then contact a technician if they cannot resolve it.