A major issue with quite a lot of Windows 10 operating system users is that the computer restarts randomly but restarting or rebooting your system is important and much needed when you want to install certain updates of your operating system or sometimes is also required for proper uninstallation of a certain application program. But sometimes, your system automatically restarts without you prompting anything. This can be very annoying when you’re working on an important project, or you are on an intense scene in a movie.
Ways To Stop Your Computer From Restarting Randomly
This computer randomly restarts problems due to various reasons, namely – low Random Access Memory(RAM), corrupted memory, Windows power settings being messed up, outdated BIOS settings, and a lot more can be easily resolved. Just implement our tried and tested solutions, which we’ll list below. It’s going to be very easy, all you have to do is to follow the steps carefully, and you’ll get rid of the computer restarts randomly in no time.
Enable Windows Sleep mode to stop it from restarting randomly
Most of the time, the problem is with the Windows power settings, which give you the issue of your PC randomly starting. Check if your timer is on Never, if it is then fixing this is easy, and all you gotta do is to follow the following steps carefully.
1 – In the Search Bar present on your Task Bar, type in Power Settings, and then click on “Power & Sleep Settings.”
- 2 – Look for Sleep settings.
- 3 – Make sure the time limit is set to Never.
- 4 – Save changes
- 5 – Restart your computer.
You should no longer face the problem of your computer starting randomly. However, if you do, then don’t worry! We got plenty of other fixes to the problem of computer restarts randomly. So keep on reading.
Change Your Power Plan
If your Windows 10 randomly restarts, setting your power plan to high performance can really do the trick and resolve the issue of your system starting randomly.
Doing this is easy. Just follow the below steps to get rid of the issue of your computer restarting randomly.
- Open Power Options by going into the Search Bar present on the Task Bar and writing Power Options
- When the Power Options window opens, select High Performance.
- Alternatively, you can also alter performance plans using the battery logo present in the notification section of your Task Bar. Just click on the battery icon and slide the performance to High Performance.
Keep in mind that choosing High Performance will use the high consumption of electricity. If you’re using a laptop, make sure that a decent power connection is always available by your side because choosing High Performance will use a mammoth share of your Laptop’s battery, but this is a sure fix if your computer restarts randomly.
Disable the option of Automatically Restart on your Device
Just as the heading suggests, turning off the Automatically Restart feature on your Device will help you resolve the issue of the computer restarting randomly. Automatic Restart is a feature in the Windows 10 Operating System made for the ease of installing updates without taking command from the user. This eases the life of the user, but sometimes, this can mess up and cause problems in your system starting automatically. You can easily disable this feature.
- Press the Win + R key to open the Run window.
- Type in the system. CPL and then hit the Run option.
- A new window will pop. Navigate to the Advanced tab.startup and recovery
- Search for Settings from the Startup and Recovery section and click on it.
- Under the system failure section, uncheck the Automatically Restart feature.automatic restart
- Click on OK
This is one of the infamous reasons why many users of the Windows 10 Operating System face this issue. But by following the above steps carefully, you will resolve the problem computer restarts randomly.
See Also : How to resolve the Windows update error.
Update Your Drivers (Mainly Graphics Drivers)
If your computer restarts randomly, outdated drivers may also be the reason for this issue. This happens because the drivers try to be updated automatically for the convenience of the user, but due to some reason, they might not get installed properly or installed at all, but your PC restarts to complete the installation. You get stuck in a loop, and we’ll help you get out of this loop. Just follow the below steps carefully to resolve the issue of your Windows 10 computer restarting randomly.
- Press Win + X on your keyboard
- In the menu that’s popped up, look for Device Manager, and click on it.
- The Device Manager opens with all the drivers and other information.
- Locate your Graphics Card here and click on it to unfurl the list of drivers.
- Right-click on the driver and press the uninstall button.
- Restart your computer.
- Open your Internet Browser. Go to your Graphics Card manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest driver update.
- After installing the latest driver update, restart your system.
After following the above steps, you should get rid of the issue of your computer restarting randomly.
See Also : How to fix a failed loading of WudfRd driver
Disable your Antivirus
The least likely to cause a problem but hey! Always tread safely. If your PC restarts randomly, maybe your Antivirus is messing with your Windows power settings, which are triggering the Restart of your system. The best way to tackle this is to disable your antivirus software. This will help you resolve the issue of your computer restarting randomly.
So, this was all about solving the random restarting of your computer. If you implement these safe and sound solutions, you’ll be able to resolve this issue and get back to doing your important work in no time. We hope that this article was fruitful to you. If it wasn’t, let us know how can we improvise. We’d be more than happy to hear from you!