There are instances where you will encounter a message stating ‘Error Code – 504’. It causes panic, and we tend to do ten different things at the same time to fix it. However, don’t fret. We have the solution to overcome this Hulu error code 504, so you can watch your favorite shows without any interruption.
Before you move on to fixing it, first know what this means. A 504 Gateway Timeout Error means that the web server that you are using failed to receive a timely response from another server upstream when it attempted to load one of your web pages. A connection timeout error is very common, like Error 503, Error 3 etc. So basically, the web servers that you are using are unable to communicate with each other at the required speed.
There may be some corrupt browser cache. This also becomes the source of the Hulu Error Code 504. Sometimes you might’ve forgotten to update the app. This will cause the app to run slow or not run at all. This is another basis for you not being able to access Hulu.
The Hulu Error 504 is one of the generic problems. Hence, it does not exactly bring forward the issue. Now that you know what is Error Code 504, you now can easily understand the methods to quickly fix this problem.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The first and foremost method is to check your internet connection first. This is the main reason for most of your problems. There are many websites that survive on multiple servers or third-party hosting providers. If by chance, your server is down due to any reason, then you will get the Hulu Error Code 504.
You might want to wait for some time for the issue to get fixed. If it does not fix itself in the next 30-40 minutes, you might want to try the following steps:
- Disable and remove all of the devices connected to your network.
- After you do this, close all of the background apps or any other programs. Restart your system.
- After you do this, keep the router or modem next to you.
- Then, you should connect all the devices that you had removed.
This should fix the problem. If not, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Clear Browsing Cache
You might want to clear your browser cache because it might be the reason for causing the problem. It might’ve corrupted and caused issues while you might be streaming on Hulu. This will result in the Hulu Error Code on Roku. In order to solve this issue, you might want to clear your browsing cache.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the web browser that you are using. On the top-right corner, you will spot a three dots icon present. Click on that three dots icon.
- After you locate that, click on more tools. Here, you will have to clear your browsing data. There will be an option for you to do so.
- At the top of the menu, you must select the time range.
- Select the boxes next to cookies and other site data, browsing history, and Cached images and files.
- Click on clear data and then close the window.
- In the end, restart your system.
Method 3: Update the Hulu App
In some cases, you might’ve missed the Hulu app update. This will cause the Hulu Error Code 504 to occur. To overcome this problem, you might want to install the latest version of the app. Go through the following steps to do so:
- If you are using Windows 10, open the Microsoft Store.
- On the top right corner of the window, look for three dots. Click on that once you find it.
- After this, locate the downloads and updates option. Click on that once you find it.
- Then, you can click on the get updates button. Wait until the downloading process finishes.
- When it finishes, you have to open the Hulu app.
Most of your problems will get sorted when you update the app. Check whether or not the problem that you had been facing has been resolved.
Method 4: Verify The Hulu Server Status
In some cases, the Hulu server may be down. Your network connection and your browser history may not be the reason.
To confirm this, you might want to contact the support team of Hulu. Report to them about the error. They will then analyze it and get it sorted.
Method 5 : Reinstall The Hulu App
If you are still facing issues where you can see the Hulu Error Code 504, the last step would be to uninstall and reinstall the app. Note that you should keep this as the last option – if nothing works, try this. Reinstalling the app works in most cases. Follow the steps to sort this issue:
- Click on the Windows start button.
- Click on settings. Within that, go into apps.
- Now, select the uninstall button.
- Please wait until the uninstallation. Do not do anything before that. After the uninstallation, restart your system.
- As soon as the system restarts, open the Microsoft Store on your computer.
- Look for the Hulu App, then get the app again.
This should sort out the problem of the Error Code 504. However, you must note that simply uninstalling the app will not remove all of its junk files. You might want to use a third-party uninstaller to do so. You will not encounter any issues if you do this via a third-party app.
You now have a handful of solutions to choose from. Please note that you might want to follow the prescribed order of the article. Do not uninstall the app directly. Check if your internet is working or not. This should be your first go-to method. Then, you might want to move onto other methods.
The Error Code 504 Hulu is always fixable. You need to have some patience so that you do not do things that will make the situation worse.