PnP means plug and play. When you connect PnP hardware, it starts working without installing any driver. If you see a generic PnP monitor in the device manager, it means that Windows could not detect the device like the generic PnP monitor Asus.
When a monitor showing as generic PnP occurs, Windows installs a standard monitoring driver. This does not always work for monitoring because the driver was not working with the hardware. This leads to problem monitoring.
What is A Generic PnP Monitor Look Like?
Generic PnP / Non-PnP Monitor may appear in Device Manager for the following reasons:
- Can see it after you upgrade your Windows 7 or 8 to a Windows 10 PC.
- If you install a second monitor on your computer, one person may appear real, and the other may be like a normal PnP monitor.
- Using HDMI or VGA cables and other hardware-related issues can also be major causes for displaying this non-signal monitor.
Ways to Solve Generic PnP Monitoring Problems
Let us consider possible solutions to prevent problem with PnP devices from happening.
Verify Monitor Connection
Follow the steps below, and if so, it helps to solve the problem.
- Turn off your computer and monitor.
- The power cord needs to be removed and wait 10 minutes before reconnecting it.
- Connect the CPU and monitor to a power source.
- Restart and check if this can solve the problem of the standard PnP monitor.
Check Your Monitor
What works best in such situations is a simple procedure. Review the generic PnP monitoring of your drivers, and that can solve your problem as it solves the problem of many. Follow these steps below.
- Go to the Start Button and click on Start Menu. From the start menu, select the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager Window, find the generic PnP monitors. Select the drop-down drive option that appears when you right-click on the standard PnP option.
- From the outset, make sure you select the first one, “Automatically search for updated driver software.”
- After the installation of the normal PnP machine driver is complete. You can restart the computer.
Although this process is time-consuming, it can still fix the problem.
The problem May be With The Display Card Driver
Many graphics card drivers can be the cause of your problem with regular PnP monitoring. Once you have found a problem with the display card driver/generic pnp monitor driver, you will need to update it for sure.
Handy Method: Using Device Manager
Follow the steps below to refresh your graphics card driver for a standard PnP driver.
- Go to the start menu and search for Device Manager.
- Click to view in the Device Manager window and expand the Display Adapter option.
- Select the Intel HD Graphics Card option and right-click on it.
- Select the updated driver from the drop-down menu.
- Now, go ahead and select the “Automatically search driver software” option.
- Once it has been restarted, restart the computer, and it may resolve the problem.
- If you use an integrated graphics card, repeat the process with your graphics card.
- If Windows can’t find the right driving software on the web, try going to the manufacturer’s site or the image card maker site and download your requirements right there.
- Alternatively, you can use the automatic update driver system that can do the job for you smoothly.
Attempt to Uninstall Generic PnP Monitor Driver
You can uninstall a standard PnP monitoring driver to fix the problem. If you are unsure what will happen next, let me tell you that things will get better, Windows can recognize you as new hardware and automatically install drivers. To uninstall the generic PnP monitor, be sure to follow the steps below.
- After going to the first button, go to Device Manager.
- From Device Manager, click to expand generic PnP monitors.
- After that right-click on the normal PnP monitor, select the opt-out option in the context menu.
- Confirm the release of standard PnP monitors.
- Now, Windows will detect and re-install the monitor as a real-time monitor and not as a normal PnP monitor.
- This should fix the problems on the device.
Generic PNP Monitor Solved
Completing this post after learning about the various settings, where I hope one will produce the result of your regular PnP monitoring problem. This result can bring back that big smile on your face and guarantee that you will be able to move on with your work now.
See also: AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open [FIXED]