AMD is a game-changer in the world of games. It has emerged as a brand of computing products, mostly graphics processing units known for controlling gamers’ hearts who control the console. The AMD Radeon Settings tool improves the performance and stability by allowing the users to tune up the graphics card settings. But, in recent times, this particular tool has encountered many issues that report that AMD Radeon Settings won’t open. Here we will address this issue and provide you with a few simple solutions and workarounds to eliminate AMD Radeon Settings, not opening problems.
As mentioned earlier, the AMD Radeon settings tool allows the users to tweak graphic card settings for smoother performance and gameplay.
But sometimes, the settings prompt doesn’t open up. Some complaints address that the driver won’t open even before any update. So why does this happen? Before anything else, let’s first look at what the problem might be.
- 1 Why AMD Radeon Settings Does not Open?
- 2 Try these Steps for AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open
- 3 Conclusion
Why AMD Radeon Settings Does not Open?
See, isn’t it rightly said that untangle the root, and the whole equation gets miraculously solved. It does nothing but makes troubleshooting the problem easier. So here are causes that might have hindered the way :
- A faulty graphics card driver can cause AMD Radeon settings not to open.
- There is a possibility of improper installation of the driver, which is causing the issue.
- The version of Windows may have been outdated.
- Or an incompatibility between the drivers and AMD Radeon settings is causing the problem.
Try these Steps for AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open
Once you have checked all of the points mentioned above and still face any issues, follow the further listed steps.
Silly but Effective Tweak
- Restart your computer. Yes! This quick trick has fixed many more glitches and issues with the computer than you could ever count.
- Look for any recently installed softwares/hardware. If so, then uninstall them and check AMD Radeon Settings again. If it opens this time, then you know the problem.
If you have an outdated Windows version, you need to update it as soon as possible.
- Open Settings menu.
- Click on Updates and Security and select Windows Update.
- Now click on Check for Updates button.
- If available, download the update and install it.
Rolling Back AMD Radeon Graphics Card Driver
- The issue you’re facing can be the result of you updating software and bugs. Try using the previous driver/ roll back to the driver you were using before.
◦ Press WindowsKey+R and type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box. Click OK to run.
- Alternatively, you can type Device Manager directly in the search bar and open the first one in the list.
- Click on the display adapters menu, and uninstall your graphics card by right-clicking.
- If prompted for the confirmation of uninstalling process, click Confirm and proceed.
- Go to the AMD official website and search for appropriate available drivers.
- Download what suits you best and install it on your system.
You can now restart your system and check if AMD settings are now working.
Update the AMD Registry Setting for AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open
There is a possibility that your driver version and AMD Radeon settings version mismatch. This could have been causing the settings prompt not to open up. And to fix this, you need to follow the steps and edit the registry.
- Type “regedit” in the search bar and open Registry Editor Window
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN in the left menu.
- Open the key and find an entry named DriverVersion. Right-click on it and select Modify.
- Below the Value data section in the Edit window, clear and type 0. Confirm and proceed.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the task manager and kill all and any AMD related processes.
- Post opening task manager, click on More details at the bottom left and find any AMD related processes. Select the processes one by one and End them by right-clicking on it and selecting End Task.
- Restart AMD Radeon Settings.
Install AMD Radeon Graphics Card Driver Again
After following each step mentioned earlier, if the problem persists, then reinstall AMD Radeon Graphics Driver. Emulate the steps mentioned below.
- Download and save Display Driver Uninstaller. Install it after the download completes.
- Press Windows+I to open Settings and select Update and Security.
- On the left-hand side, click Recovery and then Restart Now under the heading Advanced Startup.
- Click on Troubleshoot option and select Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings>Restart.
- Select Safe mode with networking before your system restarts and wait patiently while it reboots.
- Open DDU, set the Device Type, and select Device from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clean and Restart. This will uninstall the current and previous drivers that are installed on your computer.
- Uninstall Intel Graphics card driver following the same procedure.
- Go to the AMD official website and download the correct version of the driver.
- Install the latest version and restart your computer.
See also: Application Blocked Accessing Graphics
Generally, all these steps have been proved useful in fixing the issue of AMD Radeon settings. You can go ahead and emulate the steps mentioned above to solve AMD Radeon Settings’ problem not opening. Hope this article might help in tackling the issue regarding the same. And if the problem still exists, then feel free to contact us. Thank You!
Please note that you have to be very careful performing the steps as on.